Saturday, October 10, 2009

It is confirmed! Woohoo!!!


Hi Friends! I have good news to share. Not only I had my U.S. visa approved, but also had my airtickets confirmed! ETA in Columbia, Missouri is 7pm local time on the 23rd of this month.

Total travel time, inclusive of layovers, is around 34 hours! Phew... I had never traveled by air more than 9 hours, and we are talking about over triple of that time.

And I had also obtained my international driving permit, valid for a year. Shall be applying for a U.S. driving license, as soon as I get familiar with driving in the States.

It's not even winter yet but the weather there is already in the mid-50's in the morning and as low as 34 at night. Fahrenheit, that is. Now that's something I have to get used to, once I arrive in less than 2 weeks' time, 'cos it will only get colder and colder towards January!

I'm going to dedicate the next next post to appreciating the farewell gifts that my friends and colleagues (ex) had blessed me with, totally unexpected blessings, really. But as for this post, I will answer the next question from
Mys Lyke Meeh. For those of you who are not sure of what's going on, just to recap: For every first Sunday of the month, you get to ask me questions, any questions, and I will try my best to answer them. An example is below... about cellulite. Questioning closes in 5 days, inclusive of Sunday, and you will get your answers in less than 2 weeks' time.

Alright then, let's take a look at the next question from Mys Lyke Meeh.

What do you think is the reason why a question unanswered remain a question?

This looks simple, but not really..... LOL

Actually, I think... a question will remain a question, regardless of whether it is answered or not. What do you think? Maybe Deboshree The Philosopher might want to chip in some opinion of her own?

Now I even tried googling the whole question... :p and there are about 240,000 results, as of 22:54pm on 10 October 2009, Malaysian time.

Interestingly, the first result, has something to do with the Bible, about Pontius Pilate's questions to Jesus remain unaswered. For those of you who don't really know about Pilate... he was the Prefect (governor) of the Roman province of Judaea from AD 26–36. Typically referenced as the fifth Procurator of Judea, he is best known as the judge at Jesus' trial and the man who authorized his crucifixion.

Pilate appears in all four Gospels of the Bible - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. Mark, depicting Jesus as innocent of plotting against Rome, portrays Pilate as extremely reluctant to execute Jesus, blaming the Jewish hierarchy for his death. In Matthew, Pilate washes his hands of Jesus and reluctantly sends him to his death. In Luke, Pilate not only agrees that Jesus did not conspire against Rome, but Herod Antipas, the tetrarch, also finds nothing treasonous in Jesus' actions.

The following pictures illustrates...

Ecce Homo
("Behold the Man"),
Antonio Ciseri's depiction of Pilate presenting a scourged Jesus to the people of Jerusalem...


And of course, the heart-wrenching snapshot from the movie "The Passion of the Christ", more realistic...



Ooppss... now why did I go there? I hope I answered your question, Mys Lyke Meeh!

Have a great weekend, Friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

It is unseasonably cold on the Plains, John! How excited you must be to be making this journey! Make sure you bring a heavy coat cause you will need it very very soon!

I won't tell you how to drive in the states cause where I live, there isn't a lot of traffic that I have to deal with on a daily basis. I will just tell you like I tell everyone I know: Drive like you always do. It seems to be working! :)

I will be counting down the days with you, my friend!

You answered the question posed quite nicely.

Monday, October 12, 2009 3:35:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks for the tips, Donna! :)

And thanks for counting down the days with me :) Not very long now...

Monday, October 12, 2009 8:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home